PAIUnet, your statewide, high-speed educational network, has partnered with i-SAFE, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate and empower students, teachers and parents to safely, responsibly and productively use Information and Communications Technology (ICT). This partnership enables educators throughout Pennsylvania to gain access to world-class e-Safety lesson plans, unique videos and valuable resources to utilize in their classrooms.
Beginning July 1, 2011, your FREE, one-year annual subscription includes:
- 265 curriculum lesson plans and videos; NETS based and age appropriate for K-12, subjects include cyber bullying, social networking, chat room etiquette, personal safety, sexting, online predators, and much more.
- A boost to your student community service programs with the i-MENTOR Training Network video modules that provide guidance for older students to mentor others and to conduct community events.
- Over five hours of video-based professional development programing for all staff, online and individually on demand through i-LEARN Online.
- The i-PARENT modules that educate parents about e-Safety topics and encourages community outreach.
- i-SAFE’s massive infrastructure that monitors and records implementation, to report E-Rate compliance.
Watch for additional details coming within the next few weeks!
You may find additional information by visiting www.isafe.org or by contacting your local Intermediate Unit.